Now-a-days, E-commerce based online businesses are becoming more popular in the Internet world. Low start up cost is the major advantage of e-commerce based business when compared to the traditional real world business. Also, the risk involved in e-commerce based business is absolutely lower. We are not saying, owing an e-commerce web site is very simple, but it requires the hard work in the right approach. This article covers the general steps to start your own e-commerce based business website.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
Step 1 : Prepare A List Of Business Products.
You should identify the target market, this is the first and the foremost step in starting your e-commerce based business. Target market means the kind of product that you are interested to sale online. This could be anything from books to general household items. So based on your interests or business ideas, prepare a list of niches.
Step 2 : Do Background Research About Products.
Once you are ready with the product list, do a background research and finalize your ecommerce products. You have to answer the following questions while doing a market research.
- How many customers you are expecting for the product ?
- How popular or how much the demand in the market for the product ?
- What is your budget to start/promote your business product ?
- How many are searching for this product in search engines ?
- How the market trend moves in that specific business domain ?
- How much business competition available ?
Moreover, we have published an article on how to investigate the market ? that may help you further in this stage.
Step 3 : Prepare An e-Commerce Business Plan.
As you know, in any kind of business planning is more important. Coming to the point directly, you have to consider the following factors in your business plan. This really supports you in taking decisions at each stage of your online business.
- Choose a wise and catchy Brand Name for your ecommerce business
- Define the ultimate goal or the purpose of your ecommerce business
- The mission statement of your ecommerce website or the product taken for sale.
- What are the Risks involved in your business ? What are the weakness and what is the plan to overcome ?
- How do you support the customers ?
- Are you supplying your own products or do you have link with any suppliers ?
- Is your product downloadable or requires shipment.
- How wise your shopping cart looks or comforts the customers ?
Looks we are asking more questions to you. But unfortunately, planning is the hardest part of online business that most of business owners fails to consider. We have also published an article, elements of online business plan that may help you to realize the various factors involved in planning a business online.
Step 4 : Create Your Own e-Commerce Web site – Simplest Way.
Creating and Launching your e-commerce website could be achieved in two ways as follows.
- Open Source Solution : Go for Oscommerce , the open source e-commerce solution provider. It is released under the GNU General Public License. They are offering everything required for launching and running a successful e-commerce based website. It handles the customer order, product catalog etc by using adminstration tools that are easy to install and configure according to your business requirements. Your domain hosting should support PHP & SQL thats the only requirement you have to meet.
- Paid ecommerce Solutions : When it comes to paid e-commerce solution, Yahoo Store is the best solution provider. You have to pay a reasonable amount of money to start with Yahoo store. But the quality of service offered by Yahoo is great and it is worth to invest money. They have to ready to setup e-commerce solution from designing the store, adding the products and setting up the payment methods. This article on starting your own money making business with yahoo e-commerce store helps you in a step-by-step approach to launch your own e-commerce based business website.
- Find out more such list of open source Free eCommerce Softwares here.
Step 5 : Promoting, Marketing Your e-Commerce Business.
Once your e-commerce web site design and the complete setup is ready, you need the traffic. Traffic converts you the sale and gives the profit for your business. Getting free traffic from search engine is more important because you could make 100% profit and also search engine traffic are more organic in nature. You must understand and implement the basic SEO techniques in your ecommerce web site.
For sure, you must need more traffic and more targeted traffic. Don’t worry, we have to tips to take your ecommerce business to the next level. These tips will help your business to become more professional. Once you are into that professional shape, you will easily reach that ultimate traffic levels. Also, read this post to grow traffic for your web site. There are entirely different approaches (not mostly discussed anywhere) that really boosts your web site traffic for the long term.
Looks its simple to start and run your own e-commerce based business website, right ? In reality you have to take each and every steps more careful. But setting up your own e-commerce website is easier now-a-days with the grown technology and ready to setup ecommerce solutions.
Do consider subscribe to us and get more ecommerce updates, tips in the future. We will definitely help you to take your e-commerce based online business to success level.