Buying and selling domain names is one of the most profitable method of money making from Internet. Its not a complex process, it involves buying domain names which are demand in the market and selling for higher price. In general, the most creative and domain name with common keywords, are sold for higher price. Lets see the steps for selling domain names and to make money out of it.
Step 1: Finding Profitable Domain Names.
The first step, locating the best and profitable domain names. There are few criterias which decides the profit of domain names. Not all names are sold for higher price. Take care the following when you find a domain name:
- Domain names should be short and clear.
- Use common keywords in the domain name (for example, textbook.com).
- Mimic established brand names (for example, boogle which is like google).
- Don’t use hyphens in domain names.
- Register the most common extensions like .com and .net.
- Use rhyming and ear-catchy words.
- Try to find single word names with a single letter prefix/suffix.
- It should be easy to read (avoid double letters, for example, greatips is better than greattips).
- It should tell the purpose of the web site.
- Don’t use confusing words which is hard to read and remember.
- Target geographical domain names too (for example, .in .fr .us extensions etc.).
- Use Makewords and domainfellow to quickly find more names for the given keyword input.
- Use Google Keyword Tools to find more words which has higher search volume.
- List down the domain names that you derive.
Step 2: Registering Domain Names.
Every year the number of domain registerations are increasing drastically. It is believed that about 90% of the dictionary words are sold as domain names. Now its more getting full with different combination of words. So it is really a tough job to find such domain names. Take your domain name list, search one-by-one, if you see it available then register in your name. Domain names are less than $10 only.
Step 3: Selling Domain Names.
The best places to sell your domain names are Names Pro, Great Domains, SEDO, Godaddy etc. (you could search and register from these sites itself). Generally, domain names are sold by bidding and you could define the deadline/rate. And within a week, you will know the demand for that domain name. If you get interesting domain names, the price may go hike to great extent.
- For example, just now i referred in Sedo’s auction page, a domain name (vacationhomes.net) is bid for $10,000.
The success of this method depends on how well you are finding great domain names. If you find such domain names then you could easily make more money. The profits are huge as generally domain names are less than $10 to register and sold for 100’s and 1000’s of dollars which means definite profits !