China is the largest manufacturer of electronics in the world, which makes it the primary source of electronic products if you plan on selling for a profit in the US. Luckily, you do not need any type of license or government approval to import Chinese electronics for a profit. However, the process is not completely straightforward and requires a lot of research and preparation in order to maintain an effective profitable operation.
Chinese Wholesale Electronic Distributors.
Finding the right Chinese wholesale electronic distributor is crucial in creating a profit generating business. The electronics industry is massive, ranging from MP3 players to computers and other household gadgets. The industry is backed by a large selection of wholesale distributors that purchase their products in massive volume from Chinese manufacturers. It is up to you to identify the best wholesale distributor so you can purchase the products you need in the proper amount.
- Locating the best Chinese wholesale electronic distributor will depend on the specific products you wish to sell for a profit.
- It takes a bigger operational budget to purchase large electronic items such as computer monitors or TV’s to sell for a profit because of the shipping costs involved.
- Smaller products that are also less prone to breaking such as small computer accessories and cell phones have lower shipping costs, which will greatly improve your profits.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
Chinese Electronics Importing Costs.
The costs of importing Chinese electronics can build up quickly if you do not have your business carefully planned out. Shipping costs are often the largest concern you may face but there are many other potential costs that you must consider if you want to create a profit by selling Chinese electronics.
All electronic products imported from China must pass customs. Some Chinese wholesale electronic distributors commission a freight forwarding company to arrange the shipping and customs logistics to get your electronic product volume shipped to you. However, this may not always be the case and you may have to work directly with a customs broker from a freight forwarding company of your choosing in order to get all of your products past customs without it being confiscated or racking up expensive fees and penalties.
- Additionally, you must also be aware of any potential taxes on the products you intend to import from China for a profit.
- Certain electronic products such as MP3s do not have an import tax but many other popular electronic products have a 1-4% import tax that you will have to pay.
- Neglecting to account for custom fees and taxes can significantly cut into your profits if you plan on selling imported Chinese electronics.
It’s always best to assume that you will only make a small profit on the first set of imported Chinese electronics until you can properly factor in all the necessary shipping, customs, and tax costs to create a successful and profitable business.
This is a Guest Post by Phil Rudy who is from Learn to Import from China, a website dedicated to helping individuals learn how to get their hands on low-cost, wholesale products from China.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]