Internet era is widening day-by-day and the number of Internet users is increasing along with the number of online stores. Many people are using the Internet to buy products they like and people have the same feel like the real shopping online. Yes, such great shopping stores are available which satisfies the buyer needs. But when it comes to the online store, it’s a great business which involves multi-million dollars investment. It involves a lot of marketing and promotion over the Internet to reach the great level of success online.
But as an individual entrepreneur, working from home also you could open an online store. Yes, it’s not gonna be a million dollar investment but less than 100$ or even for free of cost. This article helps you in that direction on how to create such money making online stores from scratch?
Finding Product For Online Store.
The first and foremost step is finding the product for your online store. Amazon or eBay are well-established stores and they have product in a variety of categories. For small-scale stores, it’s not a good idea to start with multiple varieties of products. Instead, we should be more focused on one or two product.
For example, if you want to open a software selling store then just take one category of software for sale. say, take “personal finance products” and be focused on that product. Now, how to practically find a product for your online store?
I will recommend you only one method to find a product which finds the hot product in the market. It’s a 2 step method.
- First, go to Google Keywords Tool, enter the keywords related to your product and look for the search statistics. If you find keywords with a search volume of around 5000 to 20000 then it’s moderately demanding market. Its always good to target a moderate market instead of focusing on a highly demanding market. This way you will avoid the competition more.
- Second, go to Google.com and do a search using that keyword. For example, you should analyze the keywords like “buy personal finance software”, “buy finance software”, “download personal finance software” etc. which are the most focused keywords for your store. If you are not seeing many websites in the search results then it’s a good to select that product. It has less competition. Otherwise, if you see a number of websites on that topic then simply, do the analysis for the next product until you find a suitable product. You can install the Mozbar to analyze the competition data.
But keep in mind that competitors are unavoidable in any hot market. You need to face but its easy if there are less number of competitors.
Now use Amazon associates, locate your product and get the affiliate links, that takes less than 5 mins.
Or you can directly host your own product on Amazon.
Now you have found the product for your online store.
Creating a Website Store using WordPress.
Creating a website is the simplest task on the Internet. Within minutes, you could easily land your brand new site online. You could use SiteGround to get a website launched. Don’t start a free blog in blogger.com, because your domain name will be like .blogspot.com which looks odd for the visitor. And it reduces the trust on your site to buy the product. Instead, if you have your own website like yourstorename.com then that looks trustful to the visitor on your site. This is the practical difficulty with the free blog’s that no one say NO.
Got your site, then go to wordpress.com it’s the content management system which actually gives the life to your site. Start from this WordPress Starter Guide or the steps to create a blog, it takes you step-by-step to launch your site.
It doesn’t need any handy technical skills, your basic computer knowledge is enough. To mention, WordPress sits on your site and using WordPress you will write content and publish online so that everyone could see it.
- You can select a professional looking theme like Avada theme for WordPress and simply build a decent design for the new site.
- Next, you can integrate Woocommerce (if you are want to self-host the store) and turn your WordPress site into a full functionality store.
Write 10 original useful articles about the product as a first step. In our example, Tips For Managing Your Personal Finance, How To Manage Personal Finance? Different Methods For Effective Personal Finance Management etc. Also, write product reviews which makes more sense in the promotion. Embedded your product images and affiliate links in the sidebar, top, and bottom of your site. That’s it your online store is up now.
Promoting Online Store In Simple Way (success in 2-3 months).
Now your store is up on the Internet and now your work starts. You have to promote your store to the world.
I would suggest Article Marketing, in which you have to write articles about the product, submit to different blogs and magazines related to your product market. This gives 2 benefits, one a backlink to your website and also, make the readers know about your store in order to drive product sales.
Write at least 2 articles per week and in 2 or 3 months you will see great results on your website. Search Google for blogs, magazines related to your market and also, write comments with your website URL.
In 2 to 3 months, your online store climbs to a good position in search engines esp. on Google. Your store will get more visitors, triggers more sales and makes more money. To make your store good, definitely, you have to work towards an extent.
Success in 2-3 days…
Otherwise, if you don’t want to work, just use Google Adwords and Facebook Ads, pay money, create advertisements, drive targeted traffic to your store.
Collect the E-Mail id of the visitors by integrating a free signup using Mailchimp. Later you can promote your products to them via E-Mail.
Profit rolls into your pocket.
To summarize the steps to create an online store:
- Find a moderately demanding product using Google Keywords Tool, Google Search, Yahoo Search.
- Decide your product and get it ready working for the world.
- Create your Website (store) using SiteGround, WordPress, and integrate it with Woocommerce (self-hosted store) or launch it on Amazon.
- Promote your store by submitting your articles to related blogs, magazines and by blog commenting.
- Or promote paid traffic using Google Adwords and Facebook Ads.
- Don’t forget to integrate free signup forms to collect E-Mail Ids from your visitors, to get started for free you can use Mailchimp.
Whatever you do, first thing find a quality product which you find useful to the buyer. Second, market your site and use professional words in your site which attracts the reader & builds the trust to take a product offered by your online store. That’s It….