This is a short review about Affinity Ads Network. The most common ad networks that we know are Google Adsense, YPN, Adbrite, Chitika, etc. and there is a great list too. But i could see every month new set of Ad networks are coming in Internet. Many of these new Ad networks may succeed or fail that depends on many factors.
One such important factor is “Contextual Advertising“. Google Adsense is the well know contextual Ad network and that’s the main reason its winning the market. Whatever be the topic or niche, you could see relevant Ads. When coming to Affinity Ads, it felt its better in Contextual Advertising. If more contextual, it increases the chances of making more money from your web site.
I noticed Affinity Ads through Goarticles.com, an article sharing site and also through Seochat.com. These are 2 great sites which are well established in their niches. Alexa rank for Goarticle is around 1500 & for seochat its around 2200. Why i am telling this is, to know they are well established web sites and their business strategy shows a road map for other webmasters.
I see these sites are running Affinity Ads and did some experimentation’s. Sharing that as a review now. I never used Affinity ads in my blog, you know i don’t much bother about monetizing my site. I want this site to be always rich in information and that’s one of the main reason, i don’t concentrate on monetization.
Okay, lets see few things that I observed about Affinity Ads.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- First of all, i really love the way of presenting the Ads. I see that it shows “Tag Ads“. The Ad widget not only shows regular advertisements but it is showing a Tag Cloud too. This totally looks different and i never seen such things on other Ad network. See the snap of the Ad, it has regular Ads from the top and a Tag cloud at the bottom.
- This idea is great because it triggers the visitor coming to your site to click on the tags. When you click on these tags, it actually refreshes the Ad widget and shows ads inherited from that tag. For example, in this Ad image you could see a tag “Stock Trading”. When i clicked that it refreshes only the Ad widget and it shows Ads related to Stock trading. This way, the widget shows advertisements which are user interests and hence increases the chances of Ad clicks. I don’t know whether any other Ad network has this feature but this really looks catchy and intelligent.
- When it comes to contextualization, i see that its not bad. For sure, its not up to the mark of Adsense or YPN but its showing relevant ads. I just browsed through variety of articles from variety of topics in Goarticles.com. I found, out of 4 ads at least 2 Ads are very much related to the content. And most of the time, i see the tags are contextual to the content.
- An article related to “domain name” shows ads which has the keyword “domain name” in it. An article from “make money” niche shows ads which has the keyword “money”, “earn” in it.
- Also, i observed like on continuously browsing through the articles, sometimes it shows non-contextual ads too. I see, few geographically targeted Ads are coming relevant to my country.
- Loading time of the Ads is okay. Its not fast like Adsense but I would say, its reasonably okay.
- I just gone through Affinity’s web site and found that they have in-text ads too. In-text Ads are always an extra income generator for your site. Even i am using Kontera in my sites, if you want to make extra income apart from regular Ads you could integrate Affinity’s in-text ads.
Their Publisher page has more information about the different varieties of Ads. You could Signup For Affinity here (no affiliate link). I see that, “Tag Clouds” are the major strength of Affinity Ads apart from along with regular Ads which definitely increase the CTR. But one thing to mention, you should need great Traffic first to your site so that you could make great Ad Revenue.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]