As part of our regular program reviews, today i am going to look in to the Adon Network. Basically, Adon is an advertising network using that you could monetize your sites traffic into money (CPV, CPC based). The advantage of Adon network, it has many types of advertisements from banner ads to full page ads including search listings.
Adon Network was established in 1999 and its one of the oldest Advertising network in Internet. Its a contextual and behavioral network where the advertisements will appear very closely to your blog topic based on visitors interest too. Hence increases the chances of clicks by your visitors. Advertisers have more control over the ad that they could specify the geographical location for their campaign. Hence publishers will inherit that advantage too like showing ads relevant to the location/country of the visitors.
Adon Types of ads.
- Banner Ads – As usual banner Ads with varying image sizes of 480×60 to 300×600 resolutions. Banner Ads are CPV based ie. cost-per-view basis and it could contain anything from Text, Graphics to rich medias. See banner sizes here.
- Pop-Under Ads – These ads are displayed as pop ups (actually, pop under) on new window whenever a visitor comes to your site. The advantage, every visitor makes you money. Ad appears as full page or half pages which contains text, images etc same like banner ads. Generally, i don’t recommend pop ads which really distracts the visitors by opening multiple windows on every page visit.
- Background Ads – These are regular text ads that you could place at any location in your site. Looks these are swf (flash content) based ads which has many effects to attract the visitors. Either the ads appears to be Tiled, Flexed, Projected etc. Basically, these Ads are customizable to fit into your sites look and feel.
Adon Security Provision.
Adon supports a security plugin called Adon Safeguard. To control the increasing number of malwares, malicious attacks through advertising scripts, safeguard plays a major controlling role. Generally, poorly managed ads intrudes malicious code in your site which heavily affects the visitors as well as your search engine rankings.
- Looks Adon has taken this ahead further to prevent such security holes in their Ad system. This a good feature that many Ad networks lack. See more about safeguard.
Apart from these Ads, they have the regular CPC based ads called as Search Listing Ads which shows advertisements for the given search keywords in the result page. I believe this needs to integrate their search bar and when the visitors searches for keywords, Adon shows relevant advertisements in your site.
- To join Adon Network, you don’t need to fill any forms. Just send a mail to their business team and they will help you to proceeding with sign up. Here is the Adon sign up page.
Keep in mind that CPV based Ads must need high traffic to make revenue. Low traffic sites could start with Search Listing Ads and high traffic sites shall go for both banner ads as well as search listing ads.